Worship & Activities
• Worship is 10 am every Sunday with music from Emmanuel's choirs and special musicians. Holy Communion is held on first Sundays.
• Open Chapel Hour: Bowers Chapel is open for an hour of quiet reflection every Wednesday from 12-1 pm. Use the door to the church office on Broadway.
• Children's Sunday School, for ages 4 through 7th grade, is held during worship from September through May. For info, contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Adult Sunday School features lively discussions at 8:30 am Sundays in Bowers Chapel and by Zoom. The current book is "Wake Up to Wonder: 22 Invitations to Amazement in the Everyday" by Karen Wright Marsh. The group meets September through May. For info, contact Brian at email@example.com.
• Adult Bible Study is held Tuesdays in the Pastor's Parlor and by Zoom. This group will is on hiatus. For the Zoom link, contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
•2023-2024 EUCC Community Concert Series: Join us for six free concerts during this 25th anniversary season. Read more HERE.
Worship will continue to be livestreamed and recorded for those unable to join us. Watch services live on Sunday mornings or later at any time. Find live and previously recorded services on YouTube by clicking HERE.
Learn about upcoming concerts and more on our EVENTS page.
The church office is open 9 am-1 pm weekdays. For assistance, call 717-632-8281 or email email@example.com.
Emmanuel's Bowers Chapel is open for an hour of quiet
reflection from 12-1 pm every Wednesday. Come as you are
and be refreshed in the midst of your week. Use the front
door to the office on Broadway, to the right of the church.
Feed your spirit with the
Electronic Giving Available
Your continued support of Emmanuel is greatly appreciated.
Learn more on our GIVING page.
God's light shining through us in love, worship and service
Our church may be more than 250 years old, but our thinking isn't.
We are proud of our legacy as a church of "firsts."
First Reformed church in Hanover to hold services in English
First UCC church in Hanover to call a divorced minister in 1973
First UCC church in Hanover to call a female minister in 2007
Consistory approved weddings for ALL couples in 2014
First UCC church in Hanover to call a gay minister in 2016
First Hanover area Open & Affirming church in 2018