Photo by Alan Pototsky / WhileYouCheer.com
Join us for worship
Sunday Worship is 10 am
In person, or view the livestream on YouTube
Each week's service is recorded and posted below on Mondays
and can also be found on our YouTube page.
Join us for Advent and Christmas
November 27 • December 4 • December 11 • December 18
Worship at 10 am each Sunday will feature the lighting of the
Advent Candle and seasonal music. Worship in person, watch
the livestream on YouTube or view the recordings HERE.
• The Children will present their Christmas selections
during worship on Dec. 4.
• A Cantata, “Sing Christmas” by Joel Raney, will be presented by the Chancel Choir during worship on Dec 11.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Service
• Saturday, December 24 •
Special Music at 9 pm will be followed by a service of lessons and carols at 9:30 pm. Music will include vocalists, instrumentalists and the Emmanuel Ringers.
• Sunday, December 25 •
A fun-filled time is planned for those who venture out to church on Christmas morning. A non-traditional worship service will be held at 10 am. You are even encouraged to come in your jammies and slippers!
112th Annual Community Carol Sing
• Sunday, December 18 — 7 pm •
In person and livestreamed HERE
Sing along to your favorite Christmas carols and hear their stories
retold by Steve McKonly and Landy Grimm. The live community
orchesrta will be directed by Jamie Brown. The concert is free.
Emmanuel's Bowers Chapel is now open for an hour of quiet
reflection from 12-1 pm every Wednesday. Come as you are
and be refreshed in the midst of your week. Use the front
door to the office at 130 Broadway.
Worship & Activities
• Worship is 10 am every Sunday with music from Emmanuel's choirs and special musicians. Holy Communion is held on first Sundays.
• Open Chapel Hour: Bowers Chapel is open for an hour of quiet reflection every Wednesday from 12-1 pm. Use the door to the church office at 130 Broadway.
• Children's Sunday School, for ages 4 through 7th grade, is held during worship. For info, contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Adult Sunday School features lively book discussions at 8:30 am Sundays in Bowers Chapel and by Zoom. This fall's book is "Fulfillment: America in the Shadow of Amazon" by Alec MacGillis. For info, contact Brian at email@example.com.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols: Face masks are optional for all churchgoers. View complete safety protocols HERE.
Worship will continue to be livestreamed and recorded for those unable to join us. Watch services live on Sunday mornings or later at any time. Find live and previously recorded services on YouTube by clicking HERE.
Learn about upcoming concerts and more on our EVENTS page.
The church office is open 9 am-1 pm weekdays. For assistance, call 717-632-8281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feed your spirit with the
Electronic Giving Available
Your continued support of Emmanuel is greatly appreciated.
Learn more on our GIVING page.
God's light shining through us in love, worship and service
Our church may be more than 250 years old, but our thinking isn't.
We are proud of our legacy as a church of "firsts."
First Reformed church in Hanover to hold services in English
First UCC church in Hanover to call a divorced minister in 1973
First UCC church in Hanover to call a female minister in 2007
Consistory approved weddings for ALL couples in 2014
First UCC church in Hanover to call a gay minister in 2016
First Hanover area Open & Affirming church in 2018
Services are 10 am each week